Friday, March 5, 2010

9 months and she won't sit still for anything!

That's right.. a little less then 9 months down and 3 to go until this little one is a year old! It's so crazy how fast it goes by (I know everyone says that, but now I really believe it!) She is getting so big and LOVES to move around and get into as much as she can. Some of these other pictures aren't as current, but I couldn't not post them! So here's an update, mostly just for me to remember, of what Kambri is doing at this age.

50th percentile for weight and height at the 9 months check up- so maybe people are right take a real shorty like me and tall guy like derek and hopefully our kids will be somewhere in the middle.


Loves to clap, shake her head, play peek-a-boo, dance, and play! Especially with mom and dad's toys- cell phones, remotes, anything we dont' really want her to have, but I guess that's just how it goes.


Is crawling just about anywhere throughout the whole house and can stand up really good too! This has become her favorite thing to do. She's getting better with the sleeping (thanks to all the advice people gave) but it's still pretty bad at times. I think it's because she would rather be moving around all day and just wont sit still. This picture is ironic, because it's about the only time she's ever just sat quitely for me.


Throws some really good temper tantrums when we prevent her from doing any of the above to the point where she turns bright red, screams, and tries to bite you. She's going to be an awesome teenager to raise- i'm sure.


Is loving her own real food more and more- she's gotten really good at feeding herself, her favorite is cheerios, prunes, squash, carrots, and peas (pretty much all the sick looking ones). Least favorite applesauce, pears, peaches. I thought most babies liked the sweets? hmmm...


And best of all is trying to talk so much! She's gotten very good at "Da Da" and she definately knows who it is because when she hears the garage, door open, or my phone rings she always says it. Derek's pretty proud as you can imagine, especially since the only time she says "Ma Ma" is when she's mad or crying. She also repeats noices we make or things we do- if you blow your nose, she makes a spitting noice. She also makes the panting sound dogs make after we do it.



We went up to Logan so Kambri could visit her pal Abbey and this is about how it went... notice the flower in Abbey's hair...




Oh boy... I guess she's already getting jealous of other girls things... She also kept trying to grab and bite her whenever she was in sight. Hopefully we'll be able to teach her to play nicely in the future and not make other kids cry. She still had fun getting to know her better even though, as derek puts it, she "thought Abbey was her dinner."

10 comments:

Catlin said...

These are really cute pictures! I think she is very pretty! Sounds like she keeps you busy!

Devin, Abby, and Grady said...

I love her... and love that dress she's wearing!

mandy said...

Sooo cute! Sounds like she's a typical nine month old! I live her white vest. I can't believe how fast all these girls are growing! We need to get together for sure! Soon!

Lindy Phippen Smith said...

she's too cute!!!

Rachelle said...

Seroiusly, she is DARLING!!! her little white vest is so cute!!! What a cutie!!!

Cam and Linds said...

Those pictures of Kambri are so cute, and the pictures of her and Abbey are hilarious! Cam and I were laughing so hard! It was great to see you guys! I can't wait until those two can start interacting more!

Sara said...

Oh my gosh she is so cute!! I love all her clothes too!! The pictures with her and Abby are hilarious!! Hey, she knows what she wants!! And I totally understand the wont sit still thing! Everyone tells me I am in for it with a boy... but then I like to say... "Have you met my daughter Ava"?!! Ava and Kambri sound so much alike! Challenging at times, but fun!! Maybe you will get an Adrie on your next one who barely crawled at 1 year!! We miss you guys!! And I am getting induced on the 29th! So 2 more weeks! I cant wait... I am officially an elephant!!

Cassie said...

Those close up shots are so precious. Perfection in that face, Jess. Well done. She is beautiful. Really BEAUTIFUL. I want to chase after her for an afternoon. Let us set it up.

Cassie said...

Those close up shots are so precious. Perfection in that face, Jess. Well done. She is beautiful. Really BEAUTIFUL. I want to chase after her for an afternoon. Let us set it up.

Mindy said...

What a cutie! I love the one where she's sitting on the carpet and looking up at you, so precious!
And I really like that black bow :)
I need to get some accessories for my baby sometime...