Sunday, March 22, 2009

I feel so loved...


So Derek's had his I Phone pretty much glued to his hand over the past few days, keeping updated on every single game for the March Madness Tournament. Not to mention that we've also had the TV, radio, and internet close by so that he can check his brackets. He definately loves this time of year. He even makes me fill out a bracket, which I have no clue how I'm doing on...

Last sunday (known to be "selection sunday") he didn't stop talking about basketball. Our conversation was as follows-


Me: (Joking around) "I think this sunday and when they pick the BCS must be your favorite days of the year."

Derek: Laughs, "No...."

Me: Thinking to myself that he MUST be thinking they day we got married or found out we were having a baby...

Derek: "My favorite days are yet to come..."

Me: (to myself) Oh he must be talking about the day the baby will be born... "Really?"

Derek: "Yeah, thursday, friday, and saturday- when the games get started... those are probably my favorites!"


Oh boy... are we even surprised? Lets just hope that me and baby become more of a priority in his life in the future...

6 comments:

The Edwards Family said...

Court has been the same way. Basketball is on constantly at our house! Luckily March Madness only comes once a year...

Brant & Lindsay said...

Oh I totally feel you on this one! I don't think it really matters what sport, be it basketball, baseball, football...it's the same story! And if not something to do with a ball, then it is usually related to hunting and fishing! Gotta love our manly men! Ha ha!! Hope the preggy is doing well! can't wait for your shower! You are the cutest little preggy, you really should post some pics! You give hope to the shorties like me!

Breklyn said...

I too take second place to sports, I'm starting to think ESPN is the only channel we get! So glad you found our blog, much more fun than Facebook. Mason is getting so big and so much fun! I can't wait for you to have a little one - they are exhausting but so worth it! Post some pics of the ever-growing belly :)

Sara said...

I swear we will never be above the sports!! Wes also loves this time of year!! Hey thanks so much for your comments! Sorry I have been slow to get back to everyone! We are doing ok... adjust accordingly, and taking it a day at a time! We are really feeling so much love and blessings from everyone's prayers!! Thanks Jess!! Hope to see you guys soon!! Oh... I got to the allergist on Monday, some people are saying gluten?! I just REALLY dont know!!

Sara said...

Hey! Need an update! HA! Miss u guys! We are doing better! Going to get checked for a blood disease, which might be causing all of this! So we shall see! Thanks for all ur sweet comments! We r doing good, this week! HA

Lisa said...

I hope you can make it to the Wedding too, but if you can't we will understand and wont hold it against you:)
Having her early would be nice, but just plan on going a week over so you dont drive yourself crazy!