Wednesday, June 3, 2009

She's Here!


Kambri Lynn Pearson
5-26-09
12:03 pm

6 pounds 6 oz
20 in



Our baby girl is already over a week old! I finally am having a few minutes to blog about it. The doctor had been telling me that I was going to go a week late and we needed to set a date to be induced. We were getting a little anxious to see her and were kinda frustrated that it was taking so long... but she came just a couple days later!







So in case anyone is wondering, the recipe for going into labor included A LOT of shopping and running errands, staying out late going to movies, and taking a quick trip to Logan. Yeah- we're probably a little nuts to decide to spend memorial day (my due date) a few hours away.. but hey it worked. I woke that morning having a few cramps and pains that I didn't think much of, and then my later that afternoon I started having regular contractions less then 5 minutes apart, and was in quite a bit of pain, so we decided it would be best to head home. Eventually, after running a few more errands :) (derek wanted to kill me), we went to the hospital. It took them awhile to decide whether they would keep me or not.. but they did, after one long night




AND 18 hours later...









We had her! She was turned faced up, which was why it was taking so long and there a couple other miner complications with her heart rate that they were watching. They were going back and forth to wait it out and see if things got better or to do an emergency C-section. Luckily that didn't end up being necessary. She had a pretty swollen face and large cone head- as a result of the long night and day- poor thing, but I think she's still pretty cute. Maybe I'm biased.
So now I'm trying to adjust to this major lifestyle change. We're doing our best to survive on very little sleep- the girl is up all night and sleeps all day. It's definately the hardest thing I've ever done, and I feel pretty out of the loop at times, but I hear it gets better. I couldn't have done it all without all the help of our families, friends, and Derek. He is SO good with her and so helpful! I'm definately lucky to have him AND her!
More Pictures... Sorry!
Going home! She was a bit small for her seat and her outfit!
First bath- actually just before it. She didn't look so content in the during and after pictures.
Sleepy Baby
Wide eyed and awake- this was a rare occasion for her to be awake during the day, she is usually more like this at around 3am and is asleep all day...
She falls asleep in the funniest positions- this is one of her favorites.

One week old today!

20 comments:

Primary said...

Jess,
She is beautiful. I'm so happy for you guys!! You look great.

Cortney said...

She already looks so different. I can't wait to hold her again. I hope you are getting some sleep even if it is in the middle of the day!

Lindsey said...

She is so stinkin' cute! It is hard at first, but don't you just love her so much already!?!? And you're right, it will get much better in a few weeks, maybe even a few days. I'm so happy for you and hope you're feeling good.

Catlin said...

Yeah! I thought about you this morning, wondering if you had had her yet. She is precious! I hope things are going well. Don't worry - you'll get the hang of it soon enough. I'm sure you are a great mom!

Annalee said...

Very cute!! Congrats!

Cassie said...

Gorgeous!!! She is so gorgeous. Not that this is a big surprise with her parents! Congratulations Jess and Derek.

Breklyn said...

So so precious, love all the pics! Isn't it amazing how much you instantly love this tiny person? She's beautiful and just perfect! And yes, the sleepless nights get better, you'll have mommyhood figured out in no time! I still owe you the number...

racharooo said...

She is PERFECT!! What a little beauty queen! I'm so happy for you guys, and glad for you that you got through it without a c-section. I will be coming to Utah in August, I'd love to see you guys.

Cam and Linds said...

She is just so cute!! I can't wait to see her again! I hope things are going well for you guys.

bryce and kianna said...

She is adorable!!! And I love her name.....very cute!

Devin, Abby, and Grady said...

Love her.. and love you too Jess. You're amazing! You're already such a great mom and Kambri is so lucky to have you. I want to plan a day or two to come back next week. I'll call you... or maybe I'll see you sunday. Serious Jess you're doing a great job and it will get better. Promise. Love you guys! And of course she's the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen.

The Edwards Family said...

Yay! She's beautiful! Congrats!!!

Mike and Lisa said...

Congratulations!!! We are so happy for both of you. Kambri is darling!

ls said...

she is so sweet, jess. these first few weeks are so exhausting, but you'll get through them and look back on this time where she is still so fresh and new with such fondness. take time to sleep in the day when she sleeps and just be still with her. these newborn days go so quickly. also, don't hesitate to ask someone to hang out with her while she sleeps so that you can go get some uninterrupted sleep without worrying about her. i would be MORE than happy to come hold her so you can take a nap :). she is perfect.

tycee said...

She is darling! I'm so happy that everything went well. Congratulations to the family of 3!

Tanner Winnie said...

Congrats guys! She's such a cutie!

Sara said...

She is absolutely gorgeous!! I was so happy to hold her! Ava keeps telling people about her!! I promise it gets easier... just doesn't seem like it ever will be!! Good luck! And SERIOUSLY... if u ever want a nap I would love to hold her!!

Becker Family said...

What a doll! She is so dang cute! I can't wait to see her! Congratulations!! And I love her name!

Ashley said...

Jess!!
Wow, she is beautiful! I am so excited for you. I cannot wait to see her! Hope you and the baby are doing great.

mandy said...

JESS!!! She is absolutely beautiful! We've been out of town and totally out of the loop! But.... wow... you got yourself one amazing little girl. I love all the pics you have! I'm gonna call you this week and hopefully Mya and I can stop in for a little visit!