Saturday, April 17, 2010

3 more weeks!!!

So in 3 weeks exactly Derek and I are off to paradise!!

We're going on a cruise to the eastern carribean for our 5 year anniversary and can't wait! We haven't gone a trip just the two of us since the honeymoon, and after talking about it for so long and saving money from several christmas's, birthday presents, valentines gifts, and anniversary presents- we decided we just needed to do it!


I am, however, extremely nervous about leaving this little thing... so much that I get a lot of anxiety and have to block that part out of mind until we actually go.. It's a good thing we couldn't get all our money back or else I may change my mind- jk!



This is my first cruise (Derek's been on a couple, but not to here), so if anyone has gone here- we're on royal carribean- let us know what the best things to do are! Cause we have no idea- We're going to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and CoCo Cay.



Also I was wondering any good books people could recommend for the flight. Keep in mind that the only reading, besides mommy and nutrition books, that i've ever really gotten into were the Twilight series... so maybe I need to be consulting with my 15 year old sister- cause I must be at that reading level. Ha Ha :) But really I want to find something else that people find as a must read that you can't put down. So if any of you readers out there have any you recommend let me know... Thanks!

14 comments:

Mike and Lisa said...

Sounds like a fun trip! If you like suspense, I would recommend the Lost Symbal...it is the next book in the Divinci Code series. If you are looking more for romance, there are some good Nicholas Sparks books. Have a fun time!!!

Cam and Linds said...

So jealous of your trip, but you guys are going to love it! I would suggest some books for you to read, but I think the only "fun" reading I have done the past few years has basically been the twilight series, so I'm no help there... Anyway I understand your anxiety about leaving Kambri, but just try and think about the nice warm weather you will be enjoying while sitting in a lawn chair, soakin' up the rays,and drinking your pina colada!!

Cam and Linds said...

p.s I love the picture of Kambri swinging... so cute!

Devin, Abby, and Grady said...

I'm so jealous! I wish we were going with you. You will have a blast and will be surprised how much you need a break. You and Derek will have so much fun. Thanks for the fun day at the park... we need to do it more. I miss your little girl... I need to babysit. See you wednesday!

Cassie said...

5 YEARS!!? When did this happen? Have a good trip and remember to blog all the pictures.

Lindsey said...

I'm so jealous! I want to go! :) You should definitely read The Hunger Games. There's two books in the series so far and I read both books in 3 days, staying up til 2 in the morning both nights. I could not put them down! Kambri is adorable!

Rachelle said...

So fuN! I am jealous! I cant wait to see some pictures!

Rachael F said...

What a fun trip! We've been on a couple cruises, and I really liked Royal Carribbean. You'll have a blast! By the way, Kambri is so adorable! I can't believe how big she's getting. She looks so much like you!

Sara said...

Jealous! Can I come?!! ;) I am not a reader so I cant help you there... but as for leaving the little one? It will suck... but try to enjoy yourself... cause if you dont once your home you will REGRET it!! HAve so much fun and I cant wait to see pictures!!

Mindy said...

That's so fun! I'm so jealous and wish I was going on a sunny beach vacation, but instead I'll be sitting at work like a giant beached whale for a few more weeks!
I hope you have lots of fun, you deserve it!
Oh, and I can barely get myself to read the baby books I'm supposed to so I have no good advice about a good read for your plane trip...

Kristi said...

I am so jealous! I think your anniversary is the day after ours (the 13th for us). Isn't that right? We had always said for our 5 year anniversary we would go to Hawaii, but we got a little surprise. So instead of Hawaii we will be spending sleepless nights with our brand new baby (due the 8th)! You will love Royal Caribbean, and I've also heard that Hunger Games is a good series. Enjoy :)

mandy said...

Our 5 year anniversary is tomorrow and as much as I would like to go on a cruise...it's just dinner and a movie until I can leave My nursing baby....hmmmm...my favorite number is 9...so we will do something exciting in another 4 years!!
Some good books...hunger games and catching fire...(these are for teens so right up your alley!!) those are such good books!!! But you will need to
borrow them or buy them because the wait at the library is crazy!!! I like some Jodi picoult books...hmmm...fablehaven? Not too shabby!

Breklyn said...

I assume you're heading out soon. So jealous!! Exactly my kind of trip and I've always wanted to try a cruise and never been to Virgin Islands. Next time we'll have to join you. Don't worry about your little bug, she'll have a nice vacation as well and won't even remember you were gone. It will be such a nice break from reality and you'll get to re-connect with the hubby. Always needed!

You sound just like me, I don't read at all, maybe an occasional US Weekly. I did enjoy Tori Spelling's "Mommywood" - easy, quick and fun read for moms and I'm a big fan of Tori. HAVE A FABULOUS VACA!!

Breklyn said...

p.s. it's Breklyn